Date: July 16 - 18
Location: Elkhart Lake, WI
Welcome Packet(Complete pdf detailed information with links. Please use Chrome or Firefox browsers to open links)
Welcome to the Audi Driver School and Safety Seminar at Road America, in Elkhart Lake, WI. We know you will enjoy the camaraderie of fellow Audi enthusiasts and that your stay in the beautiful Kettle Moraine area will be a memorable experience! Participation is not limited to Audi brand cars. You may use any brand of automobile to participate or just come and watch. Watching is fun and free! See the track and enjoy the experience.
Important information for entrants
First and foremost, this is not a racing school! The purpose of this seminar is for you to improve your driving skills while learning more of your car’s capabilities. Safety throughout the entire event is of utmost importance. Please take a few minutes to read this material. It contains a preliminary schedule of events, the convertible policy, car preparation tips, a track map, and a map of the Osthoff (tech & registration locations).
- Please be sure to print and complete both the Tech Sheet and Medical Form and bring them with you when you come to register and tech your car.
- Attendance at meetings, classroom sessions and all exercises is mandatory.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old, wear a long sleeve shirt, long pants (preferably cotton) and closed toe shoes during the driving portions of the event unless otherwise notified by the event coordinators.
- ACNA is allowing 2005 Snell certified M or SA helmets during 2017. After Dec 31, 2017, only Snell SA 2010 or newer will be allowed.
- All activities will take place at the headquarters hotel, the Osthoff Resort, 101 Osthoff Avenue, Elkhart Lake, WI, 53020 1-800-876-3399. Please reserve your room ASAP and ask for the Audi Club discount. The discount will be in effect until June 16th. Detailed directions, track information and additional lodging can be found at http://www.roadamerica.com.
Road America Highlights-What to expect during our event
The event starts on Sunday afternoon, with registration, car techs, and a light Italian buffet dinner. It’s provided for you free with your entry. (If you’re bringing a guest who will join you at the buffet, you can purchase a buffet ticket for him or her for $15 when you register at the Ostoff.) Then there are mandatory orientation meetings for the drivers and instructors. New to all of this? Don’t worry we will take good care of you. NOTE: As with LAST YEAR -There will be modified passing rules for all groups at this year’s event, so don’t miss meetings!
Monday starts with a quick meeting at the track, then classroom for beginner and intermediate drivers. In-car exercises and a session or two on the track will take up the rest of the morning. During the exercises, instructors will show you threshold braking, side-to-side weight transfer in a slalom exercise, and an accident avoidance exercise. In the afternoon, you will go back to the track with your instructor coaching you the entire time.
Monday evening will be our banquet and a time to socialize with the other drivers and instructors from all over the US and some from Canada. Our sponsors always have cool Audi related items that we give away, raffle, or auction off. The banquet at the Osthoff is also provided free for you as a paid participant. Guest dinners are extra, but not out of line for the great 4-or so course meal.
Tuesday, you will have classroom and lots of time on the track to hone your skills.
Tentative Schedule of Events
Audi Club North America’s Policy Regarding Convertibles at Drivers’Schools and Safety Seminars
Audi Club Driver School Preparation Tips
Road America Track Map
Osthoff Resort and Conference Center